Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Of Man's First Disobedience

This is my Recorded Performance I did for my AP English Literature and Composition class with PHCprep!


"Of Man’s first disobedience, and the fruit 

Of that forbidden tree whose mortal taste 

Brought death into the World, and all our woe,

With loss of Eden, till one greater Man

Restore us, and regain the blissful seat,

Sing, Heavenly Muse, that, on the secret top

Of Oreb, or of Sinai, didst inspire

That shepherd who first taught the chosen seed

In the beginning how the heavens and earth

Rose out of Chaos: or, if Sion hill

Delight thee more, and Siloa’s brook that flowed

Fast by the oracle of God, I thence

Invoke thy aid to my adventurous song,

That with no middle flight intends to soar 

Above Aonian mount, while it pursues

Things unattempted yet in prose or rhyme

And chiefly thou, O spirit, that dost prefer 

Before all temples the upright heart and pure

Instruct me, for thou know’st; Thou from the first

Was present. And, with mighty wings outspread,

Dove-like sat’st brooding on the vast Abyss,

And mad’st it pregnant; what in me is dark

Illumine, what is low raise and support;

That, to the highth of this great argument

I may assert Eternal Providence

And justify the ways of God to men"


Book 1 Lines 1-26 of Paradise Lost

No comments:

Post a Comment