Monday, April 25, 2016

Praying for Persecuted Believers

Hello everyone, I am here to talk about a hard but very important topic: the Persecuted Church and what to do about it.

I find myself complaining about my everyday life. Silly things... Oh I'm tired. I don't have time to do X. An event didn't work out. I struggle to get my Quiet time in. 

What about the believers that have to stay quiet and hold their pee for hours so-as not to be caught and killed for spending time with the Lord? What about the Christians in Chinese torture facilities? Do you think that they get sleep?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH US?!?!

Watching the news will send chills down your back but they only tell you half of an already twisted story. Christians are being persecuted. They are dying for their faith. We may not be there with them right now but does that mean we should ignore this? Should we turn a blind eye and continue with our life? 


I am not saying we need to drop everything and go (thats for a later post ;) ), but what I am saying right now is that we need to rally around these people. We need to pray. We need to pray with strength and power. 


Take a moment to watch one, or a few of these videos. I hope that they impact you. But don't let them discourage you. Let them encourage you to FIGHT. Fight the good fight. We can do that in many ways, but one of the most powerful is to pray.


What if you don't know what or who to pray for? There are many sources available to help you know what is going on in the Global Church and how to pray for persecuted Christians. Here is one website that I find helpful: Icommittopray

There are people who will be killed for praying to our God. It is happening right now. We are currently living where we are free to pray to our God. We can make supplications to Him any time we want. PLEASE take advantage of this. 




I know today was more of a rant than a post.... But that is normally how my posts develop and I just don't have time to make this eloquent right now. Please hear my heart and ignore my grammar.



No comments:

Post a Comment