Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Psalm 105:3-4

      Over the summer I will be doing Bible Bee and will therefore be posting lots of the things I am learning, lots of things about certain verses as I memorize and study deep in God's Word!

Psalms 105:3-4
"Glory in His holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord. Seek the Lord, and His strength; seek His face evermore."

The key message of Psalms 105:3-4 is to seek the Lord. 

This Psalm exhorts us to seek the Lord, His strength and His face. And not only that but it tells us to seek these things forevermore. 

We are to remember His marvelous works, His wonders and the judgements of His mouth.

Since we are to seek the Lord's strength I have included a couple of verses and explanations about His strength:

Psalms 37:39
"But the salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: He is their strength in the time of trouble."

According to Psalms 37:39 the Lord's strength is helpful to the believer because He is there in our time of trouble. When we feel weak and feel we cannot do it on our own, we don't have to! God is there to supply us with the strength we need daily.

Psalms 73:26
"My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever."

When our strength and heart fail, God's strength is there for us. He is the strength of our hearts and our portion forever. What a glorious thought.

Psalms 59:16
"But I will sing of Thy power; yea I will sing aloud of Thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble."

Believers can rest in the fact that Christ has won the victory. God is our defense and refuge in the day of our trouble, according to Psalms 59:16
 

No comments:

Post a Comment