Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Guest Post: Maggie Groover- Pappy Thank You Cards

Today I have a guest post from Maggie Groover.

Maggie is a quirky, crafty, and slightly crazy, 17-year-old, who feels like she's still 7, and likes it that way! She loves kids, art, singing, and her Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Here you go:


Thank you, Lisbeth, for having me on your blog! It's a blessing!



This card is super easy to make, and only requires a few supplies! Here they are:

Supplies

Blank white card

Gray crumply paper from a shoe box

Extra fine black sharpie + colored sharpie of choice (I used turquoise and dark pink)

Glue



Cut the crumply paper to a little smaller than the size of the card.



There should be about...1/8 of an inch? space from the edge of the crumply paper to the edge of the card. The picture below should give you an idea of how much space there should be.



I was making two cards, so I cut two pieces of crumply paper.



This part is so fun, and easier than you'd think! I got the idea for this card from this pin I found on Pinterest. So pretty, right? It doesn't have to be perfect, and your poppies definitely don't have to look like mine! Be loose with your drawing, and don't try to make it perfect.






Ooooh, I love lettering! This is also easier than it might look. Just write in your normal cursive, and then thicken the vertical lines by adding extra lines. Make sure to leave the space in between the lines open; don't fill them in with black. (See two pictures down.)



I did the "you" first, because I guess I thought it was more important that I get the placing right for that, than the placing of "thank"? I don't know, it just seems to work better.



After drawing the words, fill in the space in "you" with the colored sharpie. This why they had be left unfilled in by black. I used turquoise, and love how it looks.



And now all that's left to do is glue the crumply paper onto the card! I use my Elmer's liquid glue for almost everything, but you could totally use another adhesive. (I don't think glue sticks work well, but that's just my opinion.)



And here's our finished card! Nice and simple.





For my second card, I replaced the lower-case letters in "thank" with uppercase letters, and instead of turquoise, I used dark pink.





Which you do you like better?











Again, thank you so much for having me on your blog, Lisbeth!

You can visit Maggie on her blog at: http://maggiesbutterflykisses.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment