Monday, January 11, 2016

Missions Series

If you haven't gotten a chance to read the 12 posts of my Missions series you can read them here:

I hope that this series has blessed you as I have written about what I've learned over the past couple of months. I would like to recap by sharing with you three of the major things I learned in Perspectives:

1. Missions exists because Worship doesn't. ALL missions is ultimately and most importantly to glorify God.

2. We must convert to Christ, but not necessarily to our western idea of Christianity

3. Missions in not a suggestion for some Christians. It is a mandate for ALL Christians.

Wow! I have known for most of my life that someday I wanted to be a missionary, but honestly I didn’t really even understand the word mission. Perspectives has totally changed and enlightened my view of missions. It has challenged me to dig deeper into God’s word and seek to obey Him. The realization that Missions is not a suggestion for some super religious Christians, rather it is a mandate for all Christians has caused me to re-evaluate my outlook on the world around me and how I can be obeying this mandate now. Proclaiming His name among the nations should continue wherever I go; now in a city in America, someday in an unreached people group halfway around the world, but always for the glory of God. I am so glad I was able to take Perspectives, it will change your life!

If you would like to know more about Perspectives, Missions, or anything else on my blog please write to me via the contact form on the right. I love hearing from you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment